Monday, January 27, 2014

Beer Pipeline Update


Yesterday, Joe and I racked the Black Chocolate Stout clone to the secondary fermenter. It finished at 8.5% ABV. It'll sit in the secondary for a week or two and then into a keg for carbonation. Nate's pale ale clone kit is still actively fermenting, so I'll have to wait until it finishes.

On a sad note, the keg of my first batch of Three Micks Irish Red Ale kicked yesterday. I knew the keg was low, so I decided to fill a few bottles to give away. It was a good beer and well received by all who tried it. I'm working on brewing a new variation in the next few weeks. I'll post some pics later, so please stop back. Cheers!

Update 02/02/2014: Stout is still in the secondary. I'll likely transfer it to keg in the next few days. Nate's Pale Ale went down the drain last night. I think it was contaminated, likely by something in the kit. Oh well, it happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment